Roto Frank Window and Door Technology is based in Leinfelden, Germany, and was established in 1935 as a manufacturer of hardware for Tilt&Turn windows. Click here to view our parent company’s website.
Roto North America is comprised of Roto Frank of America, Inc. and Roto Fasco Canada, Inc., both wholly owned subsidiaries of Roto Frank AG. Please view our historic timeline below, and visit our Wikipedia page to learn more about us.
- 1935Since 1935, the name Roto represents innovation and technological progress in system components for the construction industry. Today, Roto Frank Holding AG is wholly owned by the family of the company’s founder, Wilhelm Frank, and acts as a holding for all of the divisions in the Roto Group: Roto Window and Door Technology (FTT), Roto Roof and Solar Technology (DST) and Roto Professional Service (RPS).Our roots are in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, with headquarters located in Leinfelden-Echterdingen near Stuttgart.
- 1938In 1938, Wilhelm Frank developed the Roto Tilt&Turn hardware technology with 2-hand operation, which is still used today on modern windows.
- 1950In 1950, Roto Frank began production in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany and began establishing itself as Europe’s leading hardware manufacturer.
- 1979In 1979, Roto Frank of America, Inc. was founded as a sales and distribution subsidiary in Chester, Connecticut. We are a manufacturer of window and door hardware which offers solutions for North American and European applications. Roto Frank of America has an extensive product line, including its renowned X-DRIVE™ casement and awning window systems, sash locks, window-opening-control-devices, sliding patio door systems, and European window and door hardware.
- 1985In 1985 production of roof windows and attic ladders began in Chester, Connecticut at Roto Frank of America, Inc.
- 2006Production of X-DRIVE casement and awning window products begins at Roto Frank of America, Inc. in Chester, Connecticut.
- 2011Roto Frank of America, Inc. receives Turnaround Award.
- 2012Roto AG acquires Fasco which became Roto Fasco Canada, Inc. Established in 1956 as Fasco Diecast Metals in Mississauga, Ontario, Roto Fasco Canada, Inc., specializes in the diecast of high-quality sliding patio door and cam lock hardware for residential window and door markets throughout North America. In addition, the company designs and tools custom diecast parts for several non-fenestration applications in various industries.
- 2015Roto North America receives Best Performing Region Award.
- 2016Roto North America receives DWM Reader’s Choice Award.
- 2017Roto North America receives 2016 Customer Value Champion Award.
- 2019Roto North America receives 2018 Customer Value Champion Award.
- 2019Roto North America receives 2019 DWM Readers’ Choice Award.
- 2020Roto North America receives 2020 DWM Readers’ Choice Award.
- 2021Roto North America receives 2021 DWM Readers’ Choice Award.
Founder Wilhelm Frank
Chester, Connecticut, North American Headquarters